Friday, August 22, 2008

BACK TO REALITY

Well, I've been back to school in-service for 6 days. The most that I can say is that I am really tired and still have so much to do before school starts for students on Monday. Once again, I have a huge load of students, 173 at this point. And, once again, I have the largest number of students in the department. The up-side of all this is that I only have one preparation, Spanish 2, and I still have conference and lunch together giving me one and a half hours to regroup for the end of the day. Tomorrow I'm going to do something that I haven't done in years - I'm going to go back to school to get my room in a bit better shape than I left it this afternoon. I moved into a new room and I need to finish putting away some of my materials, or maybe I'll just throw a bunch of stuff away! Oh, another "nugget" thrown my way: I'll have a student teacher this year. I've had about 5 or 6 through the years, and I haven't had a good experience with one yet; I've even had a few removed. For the first time I have a male student teacher. I've met with him and was favorably impressed, so I am very hopeful for a positive experience. Time will tell!

No comments: