Monday, June 8, 2009

FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD


Okay, so I've neglected my blog for a while. It's been a rather busy year with twists and surprises. No, the student teacher did NOT work out and he was "asked to leave" the program at the university. The year was really hectic because we had to put up with construction going on for our new building. The section where my room WAS is now going to be part of the new parking lot. We all had to pack up everything before school was out so that our part of the building could be demolished. It was difficult to teach and pack and re-schedule and , well, you get the picture.
School is now out for the summer and I am going to be really busy this summer with my FIRST GRANDDAUGHTER!! Yes, Kenna Cheryl Summers was born May 20, 2009 at 7:49 pm. She is the most delightful end-of-school present that I could ever have. Kenna is precious and beautiful, a very contented little girl. When people comment on how much she looks like Rachel and ME, I am amazed that others can see what (I thought I imagined) I see also. Rachel was so sweet to have given Kenna family names. Kenna's grandfather's name is Ken and my middle name is Cheryl, so I am one proud MeMe. Life is sweet! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY TO MY DAUGHTER RACHEL (proud mama of Kenna).

No comments: